Today, being a Sunday, is always one of my favourite times of the week!
It’s a day where things tend to slow down for me, a space to reflect on what I have learned over the week and a time to get energetically detox-ed and ready for the week ahead! So some of the things I make time for are Self-healing Reiki sessions, yoga, taking a nature walk, catching up with close friends and activities that keep me connected to what I love!
Admittedly, I have been slacking a bit in this area over the last few weeks as other areas of my life have been quite hectic but today I made a point of returning to Self-loving rituals…
And I was reminded of how important it is to take out for Self!
Nurturing Self-love is all about creating positive regular Self-rituals…
Even if it’s just 5-10 minutes a day, adding your Self-ritual to the to-do list makes so much difference – it clears your mind, it helps you focus on being in tune with your aims in daily life and keeps you grounded!
And the good news is, other people and everything around you will benefit from it!
I felt I had to mention this as many times, I have had feedback and comments from others that taking time for Self was perhaps a selfish thing to do… Think of how much good it will do for everything/everyone in your life if you are happier and taking time to enjoy life more!
A list of a few things that I love:
- Setting up the morning alarm 10 minutes earlier than normal each day so I have space to do a simple breathing meditation in bed, before waking up for a shower etc.
- Join a weekly class for an activity that is new and fun.
- Go out of the office at lunch time for fresh air.
- Nature walking on the weekend.
- Keeping focus on different affirmations each day.
- Writing to release stored ideas/thoughts/creativity.
- Keep fresh flowers in a place I spend a lot of time in.
- Adding a few drops of essential oils (vanilla and lemon grass are a favourite right now lol!) in my shower every morning to add some uplift to dark winter mornings!
So go ahead and have fun thinking up new ways to add Self-rituals in your life! 🙂 And once you get used to scheduling in things that you love, it becomes a regular routine that brings in balance in our fast-paced lives!